I've decided to add a "Projects Page" as a collection point for my project write-ups. The
newest additions are my ICOM UX module interface and a PIN Diode T/R switch writeups.
I've pretty much given up on these. I'm lucky to get to Belton, TX once a year as an observer.
News & New Products
- After years on the web site, I recently found and corrected a minor typo in the courtesy tone appnote regarding the RC-85 tone "Yellojacket".
- The FF-800 revision D is now back in the fold! After spending several years in my firmware orphanage,
revision D owners now have a relatively inexpensive upgrade path that allows their older FF-800 use the latest firmware
updates. Contact Me for details.
- The FFlash programming module has a new look and feel. The new unit is smaller and has more features (the most noteable being
the ability to switch to programming mode using commands entered via the FF-800 serial interface). See the
PDF manual on the FTP page for details.
- Several manuals are now available in PDF format, with more on the way (again with the
FTP page for details).
- The APO Cancel module is available. This is a sample installation (more info to come...).
- The FF-Tone is in pre-release. This is a small CTCSS tone encode/decode module that features remote tone selection via FF-800 commands,
selectable filter options, and CTCSS mute on PTT drop (removes squelch burst on receivers).
- We have a remote coax switch interface available for the FF-899. This device interfaces the FF-899 to the Ameritron RCS-8V
remote coax switch and allows manual and automatic control of the remote switch. Contact Me
FF-800 Firmware Upgrade
V3.10 is now avaliable. Go to the V3.xx FTP page for details on the features and bug fixes that
are available now.
FF-800 V3.11 is still languishing... I work on it occasionally, but there are no sqeeky wheels to drive me...
FFlash Firmware Upgrade
An upgrade patch is now available for the FFlash system. FFlash users can now download this
enhancement pachage to their
The listserver is on-line!
With the help of Sam Nabkey, we now
have a listserver to handle inqiries, questions, or other issues regarding our products.
To subscribe, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(no subject) and place the following in the body of the message:
Be sure to turn off your signature line as this will disrupt the majordomo system.
You will receive a welcome message with the listserver guidelines and instructions. This list
has very little traffic, so don't worry that you will be deluged...
(see what happens when matter and antimatter mix...)
When I'm not busy writing the vapor ware report, I get to play in the snow...