RollaNet Meeting Report
October 3, 1997
Welcome To RollaNet!!
- Are you getting busy signals? When? How often?
- More new modems! We have ordered another Cisco AS5200, which will add
an additional 48 modems. These, along with the other AS5200 we have, will
eventually support 56KB. The T-1s for the new AS5200 have been requested
- The independent Internet connection for RollaNet is ready. When UMR
switches to their DS3 from MOREnet, we will start paying for the old link.
It is anticipated this will occur sometime in October. There should be
no interruption in service.
- Public Access Stations - new location: Salem Treatment Center - to
be installed in the next couple weeks. ABLE Commission/Holloway House
in Rolla has signed an agreement to host a PAS. Other locations we are
pursuing are: Rolla Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Center, a second station
at the Rolla Public Library. DPF Consulting providing support. If you know
a good location, send the contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and
we'll have someone follow up on it.
- Fundraising: the yearly pledge renewal will be held in November, as
it was last year. Be watching for our mailing!
- Meetings: General RollaNet meetings will be held twice a year in 1998.
Dates to be announced. Expect one spring meeting and one fall meeting--picnic
- Remaining 1997 meetings scheduled the following dates, 5:30 PM at the
Phelps County Courthouse.
Adjourn business meeting.
Questions from the floor.
- Financial report:
- Review committee:
- User Support: Tell members needing help to send email to email@example.com
or call (573) 364-0852.
To volunteer for the helpdesk, send your name, address, phone number, credentials
and area of expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org. Helpdesk volunteers answer
questions sent to them via email on varied topics such as getting connected
the first time to starting or improving a homepage.
As always, we are looking for information providers from the surrounding
communities. Need providers for community calendar of events. If you are
interested in either one, send email to: email@example.com
[an error occurred while processing this directive]