RollaNet Meeting Report
June 13, 1997
Welcome To RollaNet!!
- Are you getting busy signals? When? How often?
- The review committee decided to pursue an independent Internet connection
for RollaNet. UMR, our current provider, is returning to MOREnet membership
in the fall. After looking at the costs and benefits of the available alternatives,
the review committee agreed RollaNet should obtain its own Internet connection.
Details of this move should be ready by the August 1, 1997 RollaNet meeting.
- The purchase of an additional 48 modems was considered by the review
committee. The committee decided to postpone the purchase of additional
modems until the change in Internet service is completed.
- Acquired another Hewlett-Packard 715 server. It is now running the
Usenet services, which seem to be working. There are occassional failures,
but we are still working on getting the server set up.
- Public Access Stations - new location: Salem Treatment Center. DPF
Consulting providing support.
- Remember: General meetings will be even numbered months only in 1997,
5:30 PM at the Phelps County Courthouse.
- August 1, 1997
- October 3, 1997
- December 5, 1997
Adjourn business meeting.
Questions from the floor.
- Financial report:
- Review committee:
- User Support: Tell members needing help to send email to email@example.com
or call (573) 364-0852.
To volunteer for the helpdesk, send your name, address, phone number, credentials
and area of expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org. Helpdesk volunteers answer
questions sent to them via email on varied topics such as getting connected
the first time to starting or improving a homepage.
As always, we are looking for information providers from the surrounding
communities. Need providers for community calendar of events. If you are
interested in either one, send email to: email@example.com
[an error occurred while processing this directive]