RollaNet Meeting Report
April 4, 1997
Welcome To RollaNet!!
- How many of you are experiencing busy signals? When?
- As stated in an email announcement each of you should have received,
the review committee and board of directors have decided to implement a
10 hour per day maximum dialup connection time limit for all users starting
April 7, 1997.
- The new modems have been upgraded to 33.6 as of April 1. No problems
have been reported so far. Report any related problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dialup services are configured as follows:
- Preferred modem bank: (573) 341-6052 -- currently 83 modems
- Public modem bank: (573) 341-6580 -- currently 6 modems
- E-mail Only modem bank: (573) 341-6247 - currently 2 modems
- 10 minute connect time limit, 5 minute time out
- will add more modems (taken from preferred bank) as usage dictates
- Remaining modems are reserved for Public Access Stations, testing and
- The purchase of an additional 48 modems is being considered. Details
for purchase, installation and budgeting for the cost are being looked
- A new listserv software (for email discussion lists) was installed
due to the old software failing. The new listserv software does have a
different format for the commands than the old one had. Those of you who
are affected can reference the new server help file by sending mail to:
email@example.com with the word, help, in the body of the message.
For more assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The new pentuim server acquired for usenet services is not working
out. We are continuing to have usenet problems and are seeking another
server (hardware) suitable to help resolve the problems.
- Tax Time Tip: Remember that you can view your donation payments for
the last 3 years by selecting Utilities from the RollaNet home page, then
select Show Donation Payments.
- The Home Show went OK. Due to the underwhelming response from volunteers
to help man the booth, the review committee will consider not attending
future home shows.
- A new video production by RollaNet was premiered at our booth at the
Home Show. The video covers Windows 95 dialup configuration in an easy-to-follow
instructional format. We are working on getting it mass produced and distributed
to video stores and libraries. We will investigate broadcasting it on the
Rolla Cable Channel 16.
- Remember: General meetings will be even numbered months only in 1997,
5:30 PM at the Phelps County Courthouse.
- June 13, 1997 (Note: meeting moved to 2nd Friday)
- August 1, 1997
- October 3, 1997
- December 5, 1997
Adjourn business meeting.
Questions from the floor.
- Financial report:
- Review committee:
- User Support: Modified contract for user support with DPF Consulting
. In addition to new user support DPF Consulting will provide support
for helpdesk inquiries requiring phone contact. Tell members needing help
to send email to email@example.com or call (573) 364-0852.
To volunteer for the helpdesk, send your name, address, phone number, credentials
and area of expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org. Helpdesk volunteers answer
questions sent to them via email on varied topics such as getting connected
the first time to starting or improving a homepage.
As always, we are looking for information providers from the surrounding
communities. Need providers for community calendar of events. If you are
interested in either one, send email to: email@example.com
[an error occurred while processing this directive]