RollaNet Meeting Report
February 7, 1997
Welcome To RollaNet!!
- Cisco 5200 is here! The new modem configuration will go into effect
next week as follows:
Access 3 6 Public Access Station start w/2
(- Rolla Public Library,
- UMR Library soon. It will
have a direct Internet
connection and will not use
one of these modems.)
4 Email start w/2
6 Preferred for now reduce in future
Access2 3 Staff/Test lines
Access1 16 Preferred
Access4 48 Preferred
83 total Preferred to be reduced to 77.
The reduction from 83-77 is based on acquiring 6 Public access stations
and 4 Email lines. The email lines will have a 10 minute limit, a 15-20
second idle timeout and will be available to all members.
- Review committee is still determining a course of action implementing a limit on the number of hours a user can be connected over a period of time.
We encourage your input.
- New modems are currently not 33.6 compliant. This should change in the near future.
- If you are having difficulty connecting try 341-6262 to get the old modems. Please report any problems you encounter.
- We have retained the firm of Alferman & Gray to provide tax consultation and preparation services.
All members that RollaNet is required by IRS regulations to inform
concerning their donations have been informed by US mail. The tax work for 1996 is proceeding.
User's can view their donation payments for the last 3 years by selecting utilities
from the RollaNet home page, then select Show Donation Payments.
- Public members now have the same services as preferred members except
for the modem pool they have access to. Public members can now have home pages and directory listings.
- We have acquired 2 P166+ Pentium Multimedia computers. One to be used for
user support by DPF consulting and one to create a new Usenet News server.
- We will be looking for volunteers to man RollaNet's booth at the home show
on March 21-23rd. Times and details will be forthcoming.
- The RollaNet Windows 95 video has been completed. We are still working to determine how we are going to duplicate/distribute. Anyone know anything about
- Remember: General meetings will be even numbered months only in 1997, 5:30 PM
at the Phelps County Courthouse.
- April 4, 1997
- June 13, 1997 (Note: meeting moved to 2nd Friday)
- August 1, 1997
- October 3, 1997
- December 5, 1997
Adjourn business meeting.
Questions from the floor.
- Financial report:
- Review committee: Determining details of modem implementation
- User Support: Modified contract for user support with DPF Consulting
In addition to new user support DPF Consulting will provide support for helpdesk inquiries requiring phone contact. Tell members needing help to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (573) 364-0852.
To volunteer for the helpdesk, send your name, address, phone number, credentials
and area of expertise to email@example.com. Helpdesk volunteers answer
questions sent to them via email on varied topics such as getting connected
the first time to starting or improving a homepage.
As always, we are looking for information providers from the surrounding
communities. Need providers for community calendar of events. If you are
interested in either one, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[an error occurred while processing this directive]