RollaNet Meeting Report
September 6, 1996
Welcome To RollaNet!!
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Arlene Pagano, co-founder and former RollaNet Secretary/Treasurer passed
away August 4, 1996.
- United Way turned down our application for funding.
- Contracted with Connie Uetrecht to provide customer services, including
adding new accounts, making bank deposits, handling voice mail. Off loading
these day-to-day tasks from the volunteers and board members is working out very
- To get help from
our volunteers, use email@example.com or (573) 364-0852 for help in
getting connected to RollaNet. Please be polite and provide as much
detail as possible. For help from other
users, use firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about RollaNet,
use email@example.com, and for information regarding your account, password,
donation, etc. use firstname.lastname@example.org
- Busy signals in the evening. Please be frugal with your connect time. The
average total connect time per user per month is 1 day (or 24 hours). We will
be notifying anyone who uses more than 4 or 5 times this amount to cut their
time back in order to be fair to others.
Some people are connecting 10 to 20 days per month
which is certainly excessive.
We are investigating the purchase of
additional dialup lines.
- Committee Reports
- Financial report: We had $21,053.85 in the bank at the beginning of
the month. Deposits from new accounts $2,790; deposits from existing
accounts $2,555 for total deposits of $5,345. Expenses for the month were
$515.63 (supplies $119.62, contract salary $300, software $96.01) Balance
at the end of August: $25,883.22. Due to vacations, some August expenses
(telephone bill & modem lines) will be paid in September.
- Review committee: Considering enforcing disk quotas and dialup usage
Support: To volunteer for the helpdesk, send your name, address, phone number,
credentials and area of expertise to email@example.com. Helpdesk volunteers
answer questions sent to them via email on varied topics such as getting
connected the first time to starting or improving a homepage. Helpdeskers are
also asked to make phone contact with first time users.
- InfoScouts: Looking for information providers from the surrounding
communities. Need providers for community calendar of events. If you
are interested in either one, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adjourn business meeting.
- Questions from the floor.