RollaNet Meeting Report
August 2, 1996
Welcome To RollaNet!!
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Arlene Pagano, RollaNet Secretary/Treasurer has resigned. Her
medical condition is terminal. The Review Committee and Board of
Directors will be looking to fill this position.
- We have applied with United Way for $12,000 funding for support
staffing. We will find out Wednesday if we get the award. In order to
receive this funding we must supply a list of volunteer workers to help out
during the United Way campaign. These workers will receive a free lunch
at Zeno's and a packet of information which they will use to solicit
donations for United Way.
- 1st Public Access Station at Rolla Public Library launches this Monday,
August 5, 1996.
- UMR's Internet connection has been upgraded. They now have a T-1 in
addition to the 1/2 T-1 they had. We should see better Internet response.
- We will begin to enforce disk quotas. An announcement will be posted
to announce (and rug) regarding the policy on this, and the policy will
also be posted on the project page (click on the RollaNet logo on the
- Storing copyrighted and/or licensed software on your RollaNet account
is unacceptable and illegal. If it comes to our attention and we find it
there you will lose your account. An announcement will be made
electronically as well.
- We will be downgrading to public any residential or organization
account that fails to continue their contribution. An email notice will be
sent to these individual accounts allowing time to make a payment before
downgrading the account status. We encourage yearly donations and
auto-debits, but will discourage monthly checks and cash.
- Committee Reports
- Financial report:
- Review committee:
Still working on Request for Proposals for
Public Access Station support and one for New User support. If you wish
to receive a Request for Proposals (RFP), send your name, address and
email address to: email@example.com or RollaNet P.O. Box 2021,
Rolla, MO 65402
Support: For help from our volunteers, use firstname.lastname@example.org or (573)
364-0852 for help in
getting connected to RollaNet. Please be polite and provide as much
detail as possible. For help from other
users, use email@example.com. For general information about RollaNet,
use firstname.lastname@example.org, and for information regarding your account, password,
donation, etc. use email@example.com
- InfoScouts: Looking for information providers from the surrounding
communities. Need providers for community calendar of events. If you
are interested in either one, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Systems: Statistics; Samba documentation online; upgrading dialups to
- Adjourn business meeting.
- Questions from the floor.