RollaNet Meeting Agenda
September 1, 1995
Welcome To RollaNet!!
- New server up and running as of last week. A few residual problems are
still being ironed out.
- New homepage is result of merging the production
and test web servers into one and reorganizing the files. InfoScouts are
working toward the GRAPEVINE homepage scheme.
- End of charter memberships. Will begin sustaining memberships
later in September.
Present draft plan. The Review committee will finalize
plan and Public Relations committee will make press release announcing to
the general public.
- One additional modem has been added to 341-6052 making 13 available.
- Shopping for database server software; cost will be around $3500 plus
Been having intermittent
problems with free database software we run.
- UMR Phone service agreement complete. UMR/RPDC agreement complete,
RPDC will order disk drive and modems soon.
- Still waiting the arrival of donated cisco telecommunication server; we
are limited to 16 modems until it arrives. It will allow expansion for
another 16 modems. Don't forget we have to pay the phone bill for these
- InfoScouts and User Support committees will hold a training session.
Probably need knowledgeable volunteers to assist instructor.
Dates and times were sent to all users:
- Windows Only:
Thursday, September 14th at 5:30pm
114 Math & Computer Science Bldg.
- Macintosh Only:
Thursday, September 21st at 5:30pm
B16 McNutt Hall
- Please pass the word: Do not call UMR Computing Services for
RollaNet questions. Call 364-3424 instead.
- Meeting times: do we want to change to another meeting time?
- Committee Reports
- Treasurer's report (Arlene).
- Review committee (Randy).
- User Support (John).
- InfoScouts (Ben).
- Systems (Dan)
- Other reports: Liaisons, Usenet Advisory Committee
- Next meeting date. October 6??, 1995, 5:30 PM. Location: Phelps
County Courthouse Multipurpose Room
- Adjourn business meeting.
- Questions from the floor.