- Capacity objective: Support up to 200 users; 20 at a time (15 dialup, 4
- Use UMR's TACACS for dialup authentication
Use RollaNet owned hardware: server, modems, telecomm server, etc.
Move to system independent of pc-test.cc. Monitor
closely disk utilitzation, access, etc. Increase RAM, disk and modem
capacity as funds allow.
- Software: unix OS, httpd, ftpd, sendmail, listproc, POP, INN, etc.
Patrons to use off-the-shelf, vendor supplied software.
- Server: 586/90?, Sun Sparc10?, 20?, maximum RAM
- OS: Linux, SunOS?
- bbs, mud, chat? - still unknown
- Unix accts - discourage telnet access to server
- Internet connection: Affiliate with MOREnet
- Scanner? ($800)
- Printer? (coin operated?)
- Public Access machines: 386 or higher, Windows capable, for
placement in public locations for public access.