- Capacity: No general users. Prepare for Phase 1 capacity.
- Hardware: use pc-test.cc, 486/66, 540Mb, 16?MB(not enough) RAM,
UMR test dial-up facility (3 lines, cisco server)
- Software: Linux OS, httpd, POP server, ftpd, DOSLynx, elm, pine,
pico, CSO, INN, BBS?, dial-up access, distribution diskette, perl?
- Security: C2, httpd (authentication..), access controls?,
passwords, restrict from access to UMR Usenet, TACACS-use UMR's,
- Accounting/Auditing: Accting on Linux -- not much, it let's you know who
logged on, and when, quotas (have to write script), http acctg?, max.
users, create user database, office operations,
- Internet access: MOREnet affiliate
- Final testing and planning for Phase 1.
- Determine precicely which online services will be offered and
in what order of preference?
- Office support: forms, phone messages, helpdesk?, diskette
distribution, etc. User account creation.
- Use additional data lines (up to 15 phase 1, 45 phase 2)
- Modems ($2000/3 line modem) terminal server ($2700/16 lines)
- Server: ($8000 clone/Linux system; $25000 risc-based system) - 32Mb
minimum, 2Gb disk, etc.